The history of IAESTE Greece starts in 1958 when our country decides to join the IAESTE Organisation. The decision was made in 1957 by the Senate of the National Technical University of Athens. Since then IAESTE Greece has always been very active in its multi-purposeful role. It has hosted the General Conference twice so far, in 1968 and in 1995 and has never failed to participate in all the international conferences and meetings held so far.
According to a presidential decree in 1998 IAESTE Greece becomes an official Department of the National Technical University of Athens and is integrated in the Public & International Affairs Office. It has four local committees all respectively based in Higher Education Institutes; the LC in the Agricultural University of Athens, the LC in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the LC in the Democritus University of Thrace and last but not least the LC in the University of Western Macedonia.